Best 101 Ways To Earn Extra Money in 2020
Updated: May 28, 2020
Starting a side business can actually bring you in a lot of extra money, as if we able to start it the right way with the right tool and the right time. Maybe eventually it will become your full time career, I mean, who knows right? I will list you the ideas below and see if can help you find out what is your calling.
Start a side business
1. Start a blog - Blogging is the most easiest to start up with the lowest cost you need to start up. You can start creating your blog and you guys can find out how a blog can help you earn extra here. Here's my link to get you $3.95 - $5.95 a month for Bluehost, click here to sign up with this offer. You guys will get this cheaper compare with wix.com which cost you more than $12.50 a month. Or alternatively you prefer more customization you can use Wix directly to create your website.
2. Grass cutting - Whenever around you is a big landed residential area, you can start up this business at no time with the capital of purchase a lawn mower and a grass cutter machine. If you want to learn how to earn extra money, you can make money by extra services such as killing/removing weeds, cleaning gutters, raking leaves, and so on.
3. Housesitting - Feel free to google housesitting and you'll find out that a lot of people actually looking for house sitters to help them out taking care their house, apartment, even luxury bungalow and their pets. For your information that you may not always get paid, but you do get a nice place to stay in for a nice vacation spot. However in a lot cases, you do get paid by watching the house, watering the plants, taking care the pets and so on.
4. Pet Sitting / Pet Hotel - If you do love animals, pet sitting or you can offer people convenience letting their pet stay with you while the owners go out of town.
5. Pets training - If you are very good at training pets, maybe this could be a very good extra income for you. You can help pet owner train their pets on how to behave better, do tricks, and respond to the owner.
6. Pets Grooming - If you're skillful in grooming pet, this can be a good income compare to cutting people's hair. And if you are very good at it, probably you can style and groom the pet for pet show. Who knows when your grooming win the prize, chances you will bloom your business beautifully.
7. Paid Surveys - Surveys that I personally tried and recommend to you guys are Vase, ySense, YouGov, MOBROG, Toluna and Swagbucks. All are free sign up without need to pay a fees. You guys don't have to worry about above paid surveys because I have tested myself personally and just read on my Best 5 Legit Paid Surveys In Malaysia to get further information.
8. Become a Grab driver - with the spare time you have, instead of driving around yourself you can actually drive people to their destination and earn a fares. Now even if you don't have a car, you don't have to worry as Grab offers customer to rent a car from them and run this side income.
9. Babysitting - In this modern age of 2020, a lot of parents in this era are both working to create more comfortable lifestyle for their family. This does create an opportunity for babysitting and daycare center. The average salary for a Babysitter/Nanny is RM1,715 per month in Malaysia or higher if you're lucky for this extra income.
10. Taking care elderly - same goes to babysitting, but this is to take care people's parent in case when they're working, out of town or travelling. Taking care elderly is similar with baby just that sometimes if their health need extra care, you might needed to provide that service as well.
11. Handyman - If you are good at fixing stuff at home, then this way may help you earn some extra. Put your skills to use today! You can easily find clients around your neighbourhood.
12. Cleaning homes - Part-time cleaners are quite famous in Malaysia, you can actually earn extra income from here if you have the free time and like to clean and declutter things. You can easily find clients around your neighbourhood.
13. Move furniture - Manpower is always needed when moving house especially at the new development areas. Movers can either earn hourly or per day with a good rate. Certain people pay up to RM500 per day. People who likes to lift weight can actually earn extra from here instead of spending in gym.
14. Photographing - Taking pictures can be a hobby, interest and also a career if you know how to market yourself. Of course not anybody can just take up this job, it requires both talent and skill. At the end of the day, your passion earn you extra money and you are able to make money as a wedding photographer, portrait photographer, event photographer, and more.
15. Teach a skill - Any skills that you know you can actually teach people to earn extra money. For example you are good at music instruments like piano, violin and etc; personal training, surfing, swimming, gardening, microsoft and many more.
16. Teaching a subject - If you are good at language, mathematics, sciences and many more, you can actually make extra money by teaching people. Especially Malaysian always put their kids to tuition centre to catch up their school work, with this reason a lot people would like to have home tuition as well and this will be your opportunity to learn extra.
17. Window cleaning - A lot of business premises and developers out there outsource their window cleaning and this can be the way of making extra money. This work can be very easily execute when you have the right tools and have enough manpower. You can actually count how many tall building offices out there and there goes the opportunities.
18. Car wash/Car detailing - Car wash is actually a very good cash flow side business. If you open at the right location and having your regular customers, you business will bloom very fast. It is a very competitive side income but at the end of the day business success comes with your relationship with customer and offers that you give.
19. Create balloon animals - If you are good at balloon making, animals, sword, flowers depending on your creativity. This can be your extra side income. Do you still remember that fun fairs, events, shopping malls have a clown who making balloon and gives to every kids. Yes, and with that skills you can bring yourself extra money.
20. Paint homes - Do you like painting houses and decorating? If you do you can earn extra by painting people's house. Since all paints are provided by the owner, you just need the tools to paint it (some owners do prepare tools for you too just need your manpower and paint nicely).
21. Burger stand - Who doesn't know Ramly burgers at the roadside in Malaysia? There are burgers, oblong burgers, roti john and many types of burgers creatively invented by Malaysian. The famous burger stand can actually earn up to RM3,000 a day revenue.
22. Hotdog stand - Hotdog, American favourites. By far right now Malaysian famous at corn dog or cheesy corn dog. Who knows it gonna be a big hit when you have invented something else right? Especially a good unique sauce.
23. Roadside stall - Apply your license at your local council and you can start to sell whatever you like. Malaysian most hot sell, Nasi Lemak, fried banana and many more. It can be anything from water to food and with your secret recipe to make extra money from it.
24. Food truck - Same goes to roadside stall, this food truck you need to apply "license bergerak" with the local council and start selling your food at your permitted areas. Advantage of food truck you can change your location anytime until you found a hot spot.
25. Mobile office - If you have enough capital, or finance from bank, you can customise your own mobile office to tally with your business. For example for side income wise, you can invest in a mobile advertisement truck and all you need to do is get license from the relevant government sector and wait for your client calls.
26. Joint venture with Foodpanda - When you love to cook for people, why not making it as extra income. You don't have to open a restaurant, set up roadside stall nor invest in a food truck, just taking orders from foodpanda and cook at your premise will do. Foodpanda and their rider will do everything for you.
27. Direct selling - Direct selling is a platform allow you to sell products without keeping inventory and recruiting people to earn money, in order to earn extra money you can build a team to sell products and recruiting more people together just like how any networking businesses earn. A reliable direct selling company is the key to success as a lot of direct selling scammers out there.
28. Insurance agent - Selling health and general insurance can earn a lot of money if you able to get a lot of big clients. Similar to direct selling you need to recruit people to join you and sell together so that the bigger the sales your network made, the more money you make.
29. Property agent/Real estate negotiator - Selling property seems to be the highest commission earned among all sales job, property agent can be your side income because you don't see your customer everyday just like insurance agent and direct selling. However property agent don't just earn from selling property itself but gaining commission by promoting general/life insurance for the house their client purchased, legal fees commission and referral fees from bank mortgage.
30. Advertise with your car - Driving everyday to work and elsewhere? Do you know that you can advertise with your car and earn extra money every month? Join Moola and you'll know further how you can earn from driving out everyday.
31. Dropship - Dropshipping getting famous nowadays as you don't need to have a huge capital to start it. All you need is just to find a supplier who can provide you the stocks to sell and then you need to do is to find customers, that's all.
32. Youtuber - Love to make videos, maybe you can upload your favourite videos and earn extra from Youtube. The minimum requirement for YouTube to accept you as a partner which are 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours from viewers watching your videos. Your money earn by how many views your video has, so start google ideas today and see what you can do!
33. Work extra hours - You can work as cashier, supervisor, store, janitor and etc with more than a thousand jobs are available every now and then for you to earn extra from shopping malls, mini market, hypermarkets and etc